THIS EVENT HAS BEEN CANCELLED, IT WILL BE RE-SCHEDULED IN JANUARY OR FEBRUARY. PLEASE CHECK BACK ON THE WEBSITE FOR UPDATES.
Test your skills at the Excel High School Football Combine just like the top college athletes entering the NFL Draft. These events will test your quickness, speed, agility, strength and skill.
There are 6 physical tests followed by position specific drills to test your football skills. The tests are scored on a point scale awarding a maximum of 10 points per event. The player with the highest total at the end of the 6 events will be the winner. We will have two age divisions, Freshman / Sophomore and Junior / Seniors. Prizes will be awarded to the top 3 finishers in each category.
During the events the athletes will be coached and shown the proper way to perform each event to score the maximum amount of points. It is extremely important that the athletes learn the proper techniques to perform their best in each event in order to showcase their abilities to the collegiate and professional scouts down the road. These are the same events that they will be performing during the rest of their career up to and including the NFL Combine. All of the coaches are elite level athletes or current or former Professional Football Players and are there to encourage, coach and monitor the athletes.
Below is a list of the events to be performed –
- Bench Press (165lb Fr/So; 185lb Jr/Sr)
- Broad Jump
- 40 yd dash
- 20 yd Shuttle
- 3 Cone Drill
- Vertical Jump
- Position Drills
Bench press – Max Repetitions until Failure. (160lbs. For Freshman-Sophomore Group & 185lbs. For Junior-Senior Group.)
The athlete lies flat on his back on a bench press. On his movement he will lift the weight each rep from his chest to completely locking out. When the athlete can't perform another rep the exercise ends.
- Standing Broad Jump – The athlete stands behind the line and explodes forward landing flat footed and motionless. The measurement is taken from the furthest point of either heel or closest mark to the starting line. The measurement is noted and graded to the measured point scale.
- 40 yard dash – The athlete will start in a three point stance and the clock will start on his movement and ending at the finish line.
- 20 yd short shuttle – The athlete starts in a 3 point stance in the middle of ten yards. On his movement he runs right five yards touching the line and turns in the opposite direction and runs ten yards touching that line. He turns opposite again and sprints through the starting point ending the test.
- 3 cone drill – The athlete starts in a 3 point stance and runs forward five yards touching the line with his right hand and turns the opposite direction and runs back five yards and touches the line where he started at with his right hand again. He then turns in the opposite direction and runs in a L position for ten yards and figure eights the furthest cone(inside) and runs back to the starting position staying on the outside of the cones. The time is noted and graded on the timed point scale.
- Vertical Jump – the athlete starts with both feet together. They bend at the legs and jump as high as possible measuring the how high they can touch with their hand.
POSITION TESTING GROUPS:
- Defensive: DB, DL, LB,
- Offensive: OL, QB, RB, WR
The combine will take place at the Excel Trainig located at 175 Mid Rivers Mall Dr. and the St. Louis Futsal Academy located at 991 Portwest Dr. St. Charles MO 63303 on Sunday December 1st from 10:00am—3:00pm. The cost is only $75 per athlete.
PLEASE FILL OUT THE FORM BELOW TO SIGN UP FOR THE COMBINE